Monday, February 4, 2013

{Nightly Reading Log}

Do you use reading logs? We use a reading log now and I think we're actually putting in on hold for a month or so to focus more on building fluency, both at home and in the classroom.
This is a Reading Log Pack that I came up with and I really love the format, especially for grades 2-4. Why is a nightly reading log important? I think that's a simple answer... You want your kids reading each night. How better to know they're reading than to actually hold them accountable for it? Imagine that! Holding kids accountable for their learning! ;)

Check out some of the pages in this pack. If you're looking for a reading log, this will be on sale through the rest of today for $4.95

I use this on a clipboard to check logs while my students work on Daily Language.

Parent letter, so they know your expectations!

The actual reading log page. There is also a Super Sentence Starter page so students are constantly saying they didn't have anything to write! It also forces them to not just summarize every stinking night!

Go check it out. I love it and it makes me happy, happy, happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! :)