Sunday, January 13, 2013

{The Flu has Struck}

Well... the flu got me. Last Tuesday night I started feeling not like myself.
Now, if you know me, which you probably do not, you would know that I'm like a lot of other teachers you know. I tend to "power through" sickness.
I'm a teacher, a wife and a mom {not in that particular order}, so needless to say, the world does not stop when I get the sniffles. Only, these were not aren't sniffles.
It took me about a day to realize that what I had was the flu, I called my doctor and managed to get a Z Pack and today I took the last dose of that Z Pack.

I missed three days of school last week. THREE. I have never missed more than one day at a time and let me tell you that missing three... in a row... made me feel like I was committing an awful crime. A lot of times, us women, are kind of expecting to just keep on going. I'm usually that person, but this flu has knocked me out cold. I didn't leave my house from Tuesday night until Saturday morning when I decided to venture out to Target and immediately regretted it afterwards. I still feel really weak and tired, but I will be back in school tomorrow. With grades due, second quarter awards and two IEP meetings breathing down my neck, I will be back..

I can only say that I am so lucky to have a teaching partner (third grade LA got split into two positions for this year) that is beyond awesome. She made sure my subs had all they needed, helped with a bake sale and made massive copies all waiting on my table for me. She is the best. I'm so lucky!

So, what have I been up to since Tuesday? 
NOTHING!
Nothing but watching The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.
My husband and I are officially hooked on The Walking Dead and we're almost caught up into season three. I found American Horror Story on Netflix and it was not what I expected it to be at all, but I like it. It's demented and macabre, but it's very addicting!

This week will have to be a week of catch up. I've been looking forward to our writing activities for the week and I can't wait to get back into the swing of things.
If you didn't see in my last post, I made this awesome Spring Writing Pack and it's in my TpT store right now. I think it's going to end up being something that does very well. Check it out when you get the chance if you're looking for some supplemental writing.


Back to the tissues.
Stay well friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog! :)